The Consular office at the Republic of Uganda Embassy in Beijing China, is open to the public for enquiries/submissions to all those who have scheduled an appointment online: Monday to Friday from 09:30 a.m. to 1:00 pm only (except on Public Holidays in Uganda and the China - see opening times).
Passport collection is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm only. And currently for those out of Beijing, necessary delivery schedule will be arranged.
Introducing the E-Passport Online Application portal for Ugandans: www.passports.go.ug
The Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA)/Directorate of citizenship and Immigration Control (DCIC) has now fully operationalized the e-Passport with the online application system for e-passports now in place.
To use the new portal, applicants from anywhere in the world visit: www.passports.go.ug
There is no express service for individuals submitting their applications from the outside of Uganda.
Please note, applicants will be contacted when their passport are ready for collection.
PASSPORT RENEWAL (NOTE: THE EMBASSY AS OF NOW, ONLY DEALS WITH PASSPORT RENEWALS. FRESH APPLICANTS MUST APPLY WHILE IN UGANDA).
1. Visit http://www.passports.go.ug
2. Make payment via the online application application form links which you'll see at the last stage of the application with payments made via the URA payment portal using your UK Debit/Credit card ensuring your print out your receipts:
The fee for an ordinary passport is: UGX 250, 000/= plus UGX 10,000/= for courier fees.
Note that the courier fees paid during the application process are for delivery to Kampala and back to the embassy.
Lost passports additionally incur a UGX 100,000/= fine.
Alternatively, if you are struggling to make payment online, you may wish to ask someone to pay for your application on your behalf. This can be done at most banks in Uganda which accept the PRN codes your application will generate.
3. Make an appointment to submit your application by visiting https://www.passports.go.ug/ and selecting 'schedule appointment'.
4. Attend your appointment ensuring you have all requirements as per the below checklist.
Applicants are required to visit the Embassy in person if in Beijing, on appointment, with the following (checklist): If out of Beijing get in touch through the official email email@example.com and make necessary arrangements for courier of the application documents below;
a) Form titled 'passport application appointment form' (2 pages).
b) A letter from your recommender (a Ugandan national) confirming you are known to them
c) A copy of your recommender's Ugandan National ID
d) Print out of proof of payments for the fee for the ordinary passport and the courier fees (as well as lost passport fee if this applies
e) Your current passport, a photocopy of it and page 45 copy
f) A copy of your Ugandan National ID if you have one.
Additional requirements for a lost passport:
- Sworn Affidavit
- Police letter
- 100,000 Shs payment for fine
- Copy of lost Ugandan passport or Ugandan National ID.
Additional requirements for the renewal of a minor (under 18) passport:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Parents Ugandan Passports
- A copy of the parents Ugandan passports (bio data page and page 45)
- Letter of consent from the parents
All applicants are required to visit the Embassy or contact the embassy with their documents already printed out and in order.
For any further inquiries in regards to travel documents, please call the consular line on: +8613552630352
Look out for an update on the upcoming passport enrollment and processing service due to come Before June 2023.